Love kratom powder, but hate the bitter taste? You’re not alone. Many say it takes a long time to acquire a taste for the herb, while sometimes it may never happen. That just means you’ll have to get a little more creative in the ways you choose to consume it.
You can always choose to purchase kratom capsules, or find another form of the herb to meet your individual needs. Or, you can drink delicious smoothies like the recipe below! It’s an especially great pick if you’re looking for a boost, as all of the healthy ingredients can only help energy levels. If you’re unsure of which kratom strain to use, you can find a general guide here. Give it a try and let us know your thoughts, or if you would add or change anything. Happy blending and Kratom On!
Kratom Smoothie Ingredients & Instructions
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- ¾ Cup Fresh or Frozen Fruit (we love mixed berries, or mango and strawberry pieces)
- 1 Banana
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice (use about ½ cup if you are using frozen fruit)
- ½ Cup Fresh Greens such as spinach, baby greens, or kale (optional, but this will be mostly overpowered by the fruit & Juice)
- ¼ Cup Almonds (Touted as the #1 Healthiest Nut)
- 2-5 grams Kratom Powder
- Handful of Ice
- *Honey (also optional but delightful, you can also add our Original Kratom Infused Honey Stix!)
Add coconut milk, banana, fresh or frozen fruit, orange juice, and ice first. Next add kratom powder, greens, and almonds. Blend and/or pulse for a minute or two, or until you reach desired consistency. If you like your smoothies thinner, feel free to add more coconut milk or orange juice (bonus, orange juice is known for boosting alkaloids found in kratom). If you prefer a sweeter drink, add a bit of honey to taste.
The beauty of a kratom smoothie is you can get creative as you’d like! Have a go-to recipe that you love? Let us know and we may feature your fave!
Last but not least, pour into a glass and enjoy!
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.