Searching Google for the top kratom vendors in 2020
When we first entered the Kratom industry in 2014, there were only a few great Kratom vendors, and the marketing of the product was much less complex than it is today. Fast forward to 2020, and a quick Google search of who the top kratom vendors are will yield all sorts of mixed results, which can ultimately be confusing.
If you’re like me, you’ll be able weed through the junk and spot the paid advertisements verses the real reviews. In order to understand who you are purchasing your products from, we have provided a list of questions that you should consider asking prior to making a purchase.
Questions to ask about quality control when it comes to Kratom:
Is your product lab tested?
Properly testing product is important because it shows the consumer that the product is safe and that you, as their potential new vendor, cares about the safety of their customers. Any kratom vendors should be able to produce labs for each product that is sold, a good kratom vendor is able to describe the methods used for each procedure, and the best kratom vendors can produce different levels of testing throughout the packing process.
What is your packing facility like?
In the industry of supplements, having a clean room in which products are manufactured and produced is the standard. Unfortunately, many online suppliers that you’ve discovered on Facebook may not have a clean room up to ISO or FDA standards. The best kratom vendor will have a certified clean room or use a co-packing facility that is certified in the packaging and handling of supplements.
Are you or your staff professionally trained to handle these products?
Many kratom vendors are not properly trained to handle raw material, reading forums online and FDA regulations does not make you an expert. The best kratom vendors will have been though formal cGMP training classes and have the certificate to prove it. This is important because it shows a dedication to quality control and specific process around quality, i.e. recall procedures.
Questions to ask about industry knowledge:
- Can you tell me current laws regarding kratom products?
- Sadly, many kratom vendors are in this industry just to turn a quick profit while ignoring warning and laws regarding this product. The best kratom vendor will keep customers informed regarding the ever-so-quick changing regulation landscape that tends to follow the kratom industry.
- Do you support consumer organizations?
- Many suppliers do not support organizations such as the American Kratom Association and the BEA; in fact, some actually believe that these organizations are working against the idea of protecting kratom. The best kratom vendor knows that a consumer organization is a surefire way to make your voices heard. Look for suppliers that align with advocates for the industry.
- Are you working towards gaining a third-party audit to join the AKA program?
- The American Kratom Association has been working hard to let consumers know which suppliers are being compliant. While not all suppliers are on the list its important to understand where your vendor stands on the issue of third-party audits. A good supplier will be working with a consultant to get up to speed and the best suppliers already have an audit completed.
At Top Extracts we can answer any one of the above questions, and we feel that our consumers will walk away feeling confident when they purchase from us. A couple things to point out that are specific to our quality controls:
- All of our products are lab tested multiple times to ensure safety. Check out our lab page to learn more.
- Our products are packed and manufactured by third party copackers. They have been vetted and the facilities use are state of the art.
- We have passed cGMP certification classes by NSF one of the leader’s compliance.
- In 2020 we will be added to the AKA certified list of suppliers. We are currently going through an audit of our processes.
As for industry knowledge and advocate support, Top Extracts believes in the work that the American Kratom Association has done, and therefore we donate regularly, attend any conference calls and meetings. In 2019 we were invited to the Senate chambers to learn about how we as suppliers can help shape the Kratom Protection Act.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.